Thursday, December 16, 2010

Across the Universe...


I wish I could have put this blog post in sooner, however with the winding down of school, preparing for the holiday travel, going to all the Christmas events at work and personally, and this past weekend that included a funny twist of the universe slapping me in the face and the 2010 Hollywood Style Awards, I’m getting this journal entry done now.

If any of you have noticed my little twitter feed on the bottom of the screen, you’ll see that I enter contests. Yes, I am a sweeper; at least that what we call ourselves. Anyway, I won a trip to the Style Awards and it was fabulous time among celebrities, professional photographers, stylists and costumers. They say it’s all about who you know in Hollywood that will get you somewhere and while this would have better if it was a movie awards, I brought my roommate along who loves this kind of stuff and she got to take pictures and schmooze, and meet fabulous people. I have to say; the two highlights of the evening were meeting Tiffany who works at Tiger Beat (yes they still produce the magazine) and hearing Zooey Deschanel hand out an award.  I got interviewed by Hollywoodlife.com for my win and took a picture on the carpet. Overall it was great to get out and experience Hollywood in such a fun manner.

Of course that was on Sunday. Friday I had such a bad week at work. All I wanted to do was crash but my wonderful pushy roommate told me to go out with her some friends and reluctantly I did. We ended up in a town similar to my stomping grounds in Boston in a place called Echo Park and it was fantastic dive bar city. That night I went to two places, The Gold Room where I run into one of my crushes and The Short Stop where lo and behold I run into another crush. Do I believe in fate? Yes, yes I do. But I lost one of them once we got inside but later emailed him; we’ve yet to get together, the other one has turned out to not be interested in women, at all. What does this have to do with my goals? Well, we all can’t be like Sue Sylvester and marry ourselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment