Sunday, December 5, 2010

The first social gathering….


It is amazing what happens when you are thrown into the lion’s den and have to fend for yourself. Granted that might be a little too harsh to describe my first week in a new dept on the WB lot however it is close enough. For those of you coming out here and thinking of “making it,” remember one thing. 

Don’t take it personally.

I came here with a strong sense of self and determination, and the desire to accomplish my goals. Somehow in the past couple of weeks I’ve forgotten who I was. I turned to one of my best friends back home and this is what he said “You need to have confidence made of steel to succeed there and those who don't ... perish. Take a look in the mirror and remember the person we all know and love.”
So I did just that, got my mind off the self-doubt and moved forward with my goals. 

We had our first party, a housewarming party for our new apt. I met new people and had a blast talking about what made me, me and made me happy. We played Scene-It and totally won 2 out of 3 times, chatted about movies and television, Scorsese and the Twilight gang, watched the hit cult classic Office Space and ended the night with three more countries joining the UN Board at our house.

I guess I haven’t mentioned the UN Board. Well, there is myself of Haitian decent, Alice my roommate of Asian decent, and Bonnie, my other roommate, the Canadian. Together we are The United Nations. A tad bit inappropriate? Maybe, but that’s how we roll, and yes pictures will be up soon.

Last night was focused around goal number 7 and it did just that. You can expand your knowledge of almost anything by discussing it with others you surround yourself with who also have a passion for it. Last night was my little IMDb club, and it will be growing starting with movie night at the house. Because there’s no better way of killing two goals with one stone than sitting around every week watching TV and movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment